Seguidores

lunes, 9 de diciembre de 2013

Against the things I was told

It's been some time now since I accepted that there are other ways and other stories of success or rather that success has different meanings and forms.

And I'm in peace with that. I also recognize that I've (and I still am) very lucky. I think that one should be careful with what we dream because it might become real. 

Alors, I'm here, in peace, full of energy, grateful for what I have been given, but there are still times -and conversations- when all that I currently believe in makes no sense and doesn't fit with all the things I was told life was about.

And I'm here, eating hearts, defining my own rules, deciding this is my own form of success, embracing the shape of my existence, singing, dancing, learning... Still, sometimes I'm still scared and fearful. 

It is hard to go against all these years of "this is what life is" speech. Some days it is pretty hard.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario