Seguidores

domingo, 3 de noviembre de 2013

Chaotically breathtaking

I guess this is how I would describe Istanbul. I haven't seen that much. I have the feeling that you really need more than just a couple of days to really discover this chaotically breathtaking city.

It is such a clash of views, ways, colors, smells... It's really breathtaking. It's a city of cats, of mosques, of water, of shisha, of smokers, of extreme beliefs. It's a city that wants to live like Europe, but that has all this magnificent background that seems to me related to the Islam. 

It's easy to hear the chants when one of the prayers is taking place (I believe it happens 5 times per day). People will simply go on their knees and start praying. It's impressive! And you'll get the chills when the chanting fills the air of the city. Nothing stops, but the chanting is just there, like if it was the soundtrack of the city... 

These have been such intense days: from the team here, to the running around during the event, to the few hours of sleep, to the delicious food, to the very modern people, to the sellers on the street... I feel so dizzy, it has been so intense! 

On top of everything, dealing with an ex, meeting new people, enjoying long talks and hugs coming from strange people. I have my eyes and soul so overloaded now that I could use a good nap...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario